What is your business?
Who is your customer?
Why are you in business?
What is your passion?
What might your organization look like when it has reached maturity?
These are few of a multitude of questions that will aid you in creating long view goals for your organization.
Your Long View planing process takes time. Time in these contexts.
- Getting your hopes, dreams, aspirations onto paper.
- Refining and organizing them into compelling blueprint for building the business.
- Initiating and sustaining results focused execution of the plan.
- Monitoring results and measuring activities.
- Celebrating advancements and victories.
- Reviewing, revising, re-executing the plan.
This process can be accelerated by….
- Allocating regular time to work on your plan
- Finding a consultant, mentor, or coach who believes in you, your character, and your capacity
- Forming or joining a group of like-minded leaders who will affirm and encourage you as you lead your business into its hoped for destiny
All require an investment of hope, faith, time, and capital. The return on your investment can be great. It might be one of the best investments you will ever make.
It’s an investment in you. An investment in the people you work with. An investment in making the world a better place. An investment in your present and your future.
If you are a do it yourselfer, just do it. If you benefit from assistance, seek out assistance.
Make an investment in the most important person in your life–you. Investing in dreaming and planning is also investing in those you love. As you grow in the excellence of articulating, planning, and executing your dreams and goals plan those around you will also grow.
Facilitating the growth of others is one of the most fulling joys of living.
Think well and be inspired.