HARNESSING THE POWER OF LANGUAGE
Productive Leaders align, equip, and influence themselves and their people to have the freedom to choose to do the right things, with the right attitude, at the right time, the right way so they and their people live abundant lives and build healthy organizations.
Faith: (noun) Faith is the complete trust or confidence we have in someone or something. Faith equips us to have hope for things not seen. Faith and hope are synchronistic. Our hope for the future enables us to have faith in the present. Our faith in the present enables us to have hope for the future. Faith enables hope and hope enable faith.
Which insight exemplifies a faith attitude you could deliberately practice to nurture the habit of guiding yourself and others to do the right things, with the right attitude, at the right time, the right way?
- Martin Luther King— “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
- Saint Paul— “Without faith it is impossible to please God. ”
- Mahatma Gandhi— “If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.”
- Saint Augustine— “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
- John Wooden— “There are many things that are essential to arriving at true peace of mind, and one of the most important is faith, which cannot be acquired without prayer.”
- Mahalia Jackson—“Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them.”
- William James— “Faith means belief in something concerning which doubt is theoretically possible.”
- Thomas Aquinas— “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.”
- Mother Teresa— “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.’”
- Sir William Osler— “Without faith a man can do nothing; with is all things are possible.”
- Saint James— “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.”