HARNESSING THE POWER OF LANGUAGE
Productive Leaders align, equip, and influence themselves and their people to have the freedom to choose to do the right things, with the right attitude, at the right time, the right way so they and their people live abundant lives and build healthy organizations.
Hope: (verb) Hope is our sense that a certain thing or event is going to happen. Our feeling of expectation. Our anticipation of a specific outcome or result. Our feeling of trust. Our desire to want something to happen or be true. Our willingness to expect something with confidence.
Which insight exemplifies a hope attitude you could deliberately practice to nurture the habit of guiding yourself and others to do the right things, with the right attitude, at the right time, the right way?
- Christopher Reeve— “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.”
- Martin Luther King— “Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.”
- Desmond Tutu— “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness.”
- Samuel Johnson— “The natural flights of the human mind are not from pleasure to pleasure, but from hope to hope.”
- King Solomon— “Know that wisdom is such to your soul; if you find it, there will be a future, and your hope will not be cut off.”
- K. Chesterson— “Faith means believing the unbelievable. Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.”
- Barbara Kingsolver— “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.”
- Elie Wiesel— “Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.”
- Robert H. Schuller— “Let your hope, not your hurts, shape your future.”
- Helen Keller— “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
- Saint Paul— “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”